Voluntary and Community Grants Scheme.
Small amounts of money allocated by Penzance Town Council to support local organisations within the community, with emphasis placed on how the money would benefit Penzance or Penzance residents in general.
Please note that grants are generally only available to Penzance based organisations, but we will consider grants to organisations not based in Penzance that can show that they are directly working with or on behalf of Penzance residents.
Applications for grants are considered by the Finance & General Purposes Committee at their regular Committee Meetings (see meetings page for dates of meetings)
Guidance Notes for Applicants
1. Applications will only be considered if they can demonstrate that the grant aid will be of benefit to the community of Penzance.
2. In line with The Local Government Act 1976 grants will only be given to non-profit making organisations.
3. Applications must be submitted by the close of business on the Monday of the week preceding the week of the meeting.
4. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
5. All grant applications must be accompanied by the latest set of annual accounts, failing this, a current statement of the organisations funds and balances.
6. Grants will not be awarded retrospectively of any project.
7. If a proposed project does not comply with the above guidelines, it will not be considered by the Committee.
A Grant Application Form can be downloaded here .... Grant Application